Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Her very last performance of the season

Wow, what a year! It has been a wild ride for her first year in the performing company. Not sure I would have done this if it was up to me but I was able to hang with the girls while back stage while they were waiting to perform on their very last night. It was awesome and eye opening. There was one big room and we had all of the kids 9 and under plus a few moms helping out. We were there for at least 3 hours before they were called to perform. It was nuts! A few moms brought things to do and I for one noted this for next year. It was a fantastic idea. But for those who didn't want to color, sing songs, watch DVD's or play Barbies they actually had a place where they could dance with no teachers. They could freestyle or work on their dance number. It was amazing to see how many of them wanted to just dance. I was a little nervous because I did not know what to expect but all of those girls were totally fine. They were having such a blast with no pressures of what was about to come. Dancing on the stage in front of at least 1000 people. Freaks me out just thinking about it.This was them before they went on stage. Posing one last time...
Love having Alyssa front row!
There were actually 2 girls missing when I took the shot.
so cute! Going to frame this one and put it in a shadow box with her trophy and medals for this year. What a blast and learning experience for us all. While I love the idea of a break for a few months I actually am looking forward to seeing her next year. Seeing all of the girls actually. Alyssa loves this one dance of a gal and guy around the age of 15 and I told her that might be her one day. She was over the moon with excitement. but then she asked me what color of dress she would wear and if the guy would match her dress. Um, sure honey. whatever you want!

No comments: